Here you’ll find various resources that may be of use to you. Please note that some materials are copyrighted by their creators, and the terms of our Creative Commons license may not apply.
Monthly Section Reports
- Section Manager – Jul 2019
- Section Emergency Coordinator – Jul 2019
- Section Traffic Manager – Jul 2019
- Official Observer Coordinator – Jul 2019
- Volunteer Examiner Coordinator – Jul 2019
- Radiogram – Fillable
- TEST RADIOGRAM 1
- ICS Form 213 General Message
- ICS Form 214 Activity Log
- County Condition Report (MARS exercises)
ARES Training Resources
- ITEN ARES TRAINING JUL28 RADIOGRAM 1 ROUTINE
- ITEN ARES TRAINING JUL28 RADIOGRAM 2 TEST ROUTINE
- ITEN ARES TRAINING JUL28 ICS 214 EXERCISE
- IA ARES Task book (currently updating to align with ARES plan)
- Register for a FEMA SID
- IS-100c, IS-200c, IS-700b, IS-800c
- IS-Professional Development Courses
- NWS Skywarn Training
ARES Connect ARES Group Batch-file Registration Information
- ARES Connect Import Template
- ARES Connect Import Template Instructions (MS Word, and yes, you will want to read this first)
Iowa ARES Taskbook
This is a must read for all appointed positions in ARES!. Click Here!
Presentations from the Midwest Convention August 2018:
Presentations from the Section ARES meeting March 2018:
The usual admonitions regarding licensing apply.
Presentations from the Section ARES meeting (March 2016):
Presentations from the Section ARES meeting (March 2015):
- ARES Training
- Amateur Radio Communications Teams
- Planning Simplex Frequencies
- Issues With Simplex Operation
The last two presentations are CC BY-NC-SA (click here for details). The first two are copyrighted by their original authors and should be used only as they permit.
These are templates you can use for repeater use agreements and MOUs with repeater trustees:
Red Cross MOU
Here is a link to the new MOU between ARRL and Red Cross.
Iowa Hospital Association MOU
Here is a link to the MOU with the IHA.
National Weather Service MOU
Here is a link to the MOU with between ARRL and NWS