Here you’ll find various resources that may be of use to you. Please note that some materials are copyrighted by their creators, and the terms of our Creative Commons license may not apply.
Monthly Section Reports
- Section Emergency Coordinator – March 2019
- Section Traffic Manager – March 2019
- Official Observer Coordinator – March 2019
ARES Connect Information
- ARES Connect Import Template
- ARES Connect Import Template Instructions (MS Word, and yes, you will want to read this first)
Iowa ARES Taskbook
This is a must read for all appointed positions in ARES!. Click Here!
Presentations from the Midwest Convention August 2018:
Presentations from the Section ARES meeting March 2018:
The usual admonitions regarding licensing apply.
Presentations from the Section ARES meeting (March 2016):
Presentations from the Section ARES meeting (March 2015):
- ARES Training
- Amateur Radio Communications Teams
- Planning Simplex Frequencies
- Issues With Simplex Operation
The last two presentations are CC BY-NC-SA (click here for details). The first two are copyrighted by their original authors and should be used only as they permit.
Radiograms, Report templates
- Sample FSD-125 Report
- Radiogram Sample
- FIPS Codes for Iowa Counties
- County Condition Report (MARS exercises)
These are templates you can use for repeater use agreements and MOUs with repeater trustees:
Red Cross MOU
Here is a link to the new MOU between ARRL and Red Cross.
Iowa Hospital Association MOU
Here is a link to the MOU with the IHA.